Elder and Sister Chantry

Elder and Sister Chantry
Elder and Sister Chantry

Friday, June 26, 2015

We have been here for two days now. It is an amazing opportunity to be here with these young missionaries. They are so excited to be here! They are all so friendly and the sisters all want hugs.

Yesterday was a tough day ... I was so tired. I took a nap in the afternoon and then fell asleep about 8pm. That jet lag and time change is terrible. 

So far I have been assisting the nurse here and figuring out where things are and where I need to be. 

Last night a group from the Provo MTC arrived. We went to their orientation this morning with the Trasks.

So fun to meet kids from Bangladesh, Australia, Utah, California, Tonga, Samoa, and other places. Some of these kids have never been in air conditioning before and so they have developed colds. Some are freezing when inside. 

I have a little tummy problems because of the bacteria in the food here. My body is not sure what to do with it. It is not too disrupting, and I am sure I will get used to it all very soon. 

I will be posting photos soon and some more info. 

3 comments:

  1. Hope your tummy gets feeling better! I'm excited to see some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Said goodbye to most of the missionaries tonight. They will be going to their assigned missions in the morning. Things will be slow tomorrow, so some of us Sisters are going shopping! We are going with local Sisters so they can help us with using our Philippine Pesos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you feeling better? Can't wait to see pictures! Sounds like hard but rewarding work so far! Love and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete