Elder and Sister Chantry

Elder and Sister Chantry
Elder and Sister Chantry

Monday, December 21, 2015

As most of you know, my mom passed away last week. I knew she had been frail and was losing weight, but was still shocked when I heard the news. I got to see her just before we left on our mission, so I am so thankful for that. I love my mom very much. She taught me so much about being a Christ-like person. She never judged anyone and she was always willing to help others. One of the reasons I am on a mission now is because of how she and my dad raised me. They were not church-goers, but they truly lived their lives serving others. And my sweet sisters, Peggy and Julie, have been so wonderful in helping out both of my parents. I am sure that the loss of our mother was so very hard on them, as they lived with her and cared for her every need. They are angels !! They both, along with my brother, Joe, were with mom as she slipped from this life into the next. Peggy told me that mom was calling out to family who are on the other side of the veil, and I am so thankful that they were there to greet her and take her home. I look forward to the day when I can see her again. I bet she had a reunion with my dad, her mother, her siblings, and I am positive she was excited to meet her father. She never knew him on earth, so it must have been a joyous time for them both to finally be together. 
My mother was so good to my boys. She was always so giving. They loved going to grandma's house. After my boys got married and had kids of their own, great-grandma would always have a fun gift for the kids. She adored her family and loved giving presents and goodies to them all. This beautiful, caring, loving daughter of God will surely be missed, but not forgotten ever.
I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that families can be together forever, that the family unit is eternal. I have no doubt in my heart or mind that she is happy and well and busy continuing to learn!
I am so thankful for a Savior who died for each of us individually so that one day we can be together again. I look forward to seeing my ancestors that I have come to know through doing family history research. It will indeed be a glorious day for each of us one day as we pass through the veil and experience the wonder of "heaven". 

No comments:

Post a Comment